Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Michael Moore's "Idiot Nation"

Before reading this chapter, I had my reservations. Not a fan at all of this man and I do not think I will ever be one. However I was quite intrigued in his knowledge and factual intellect. He is a very smart man and has credible information. Michael is an incredible genius and so much to offer our country.

In his chapter the Idiot Nation I was very alarmed at the percentages and statistics he rambled off on how the education system is a bunch of crap and those who run it are a bunch of crap to. How our government is a mirror of our education system. And yes I feel pretty much the same way. The only best advice he gave out of the whole chapter was how we should respect our teachers for the efforts and sacrifices they endure to take care and educate the young people of this country. Contrary to this was the statement he made at the end of the chapter on "How to Be a Student Subversive Instead of a Student Subservient". it would be nice if the young people he were influencing in this manner were to go about following this outline by the rules but as I can see it as a smokescreen for disruptive behavior.

Like I said Michael Moore, I am not a big fan. Take your ramblings, name calling and disruptive behavior and turn it into something better than a drama filled reality TV show.

No comments:

Post a Comment